Pipeline Technician : Midland/Odessa, TX
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of pipeline, measurement, gas quality, compressors and related field operations. The facilities include gas transmission pipeline with associated receipt and delivery meter stations in the Midland/Odessa, TX area and may include the following: reciprocating compressor units, ultrasonic gas meters, gas chromatographs, H2S analyzers, O2 Analyzers, control valves, overpressure protection, SCADA communications and other associated pumps, valves, seals and other related equipment) and approximately 75 miles of pipeline.
- Start, stop and operate engines to maintain designated operating parameters.
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all engines and associated equipment.
- Conduct pipeline pigging and install, repair, service and maintain valves, pipe, pipeline and appurtenances.
- Coordinate maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, excavation coating and back filling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, etc.
- Operate, maintain and repair equipment (e.g., wheeled tractors, pick-up trucks, water pumps, air compressors, coolers).
- Oversee construction and maintenance by third parties including inspection of one-call tickets.
- Perform governmental compliance activities, such as line patrol, road and railroad crossing inspections, and valve inspections.
- Assist with cash flow management, cost monitoring and control and assist with planning and forecasting of the districts Capital and O&M budgets
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements and complete all applicable documentation and record keeping
- Perform all related gas measurement calibrations and maintenance for ultrasonic meters, EFM gas chromatograph, H2S analyzer, H2O Analyzer, O2 Analyzer and PLCs.
- Communicate status updates, issues and pipeline and maintenance activity to appropriate personnel and represent the Company when communicating with landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One-Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, etc.)
- Occasional travel including nights and weekends, as needed
- Perform duties of relief pipeline controller, as needed
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Must possess valid driver’s license and meet company insurability requirements
- May be required to possess a commercial driver’s license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, various operating systems and perform basic math skills
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and respond to call outs and emergencies
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints, PI&D's and other diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure systems and follow Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English is required
- Must be able to lift, push and pull a minimum of 75 lbs. and be able to work in tight spaces, climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders, walkways, etc.
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be required
- Willing to live within approximately 50 miles of Midland/Odessa, TX
Benefits: This position is Full-Time located in the Midland/Odessa, Texas area. Selected candidate is eligible for employer matched 401(k), medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurances and other benefit offerings.
Please attach resume/CV to your inquiry email
WhiteWater Midstream is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, free from unlawful discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.