Pipeline Locator : Brookshire, TX
This position is an integral part of our Operations team and is responsible for protecting public safety and the integrity of physical pipeline assets. This is a field-based position, primarily working independently to locate and mark utility lines and respond to one-call tickets. WhiteWater facilities include gas transmission pipeline with associated receipt and delivery meter stations in the Brookshire, TX area.
- Prevent damage by locating, marking, flagging and reporting underground utilities such as electrical power lines, cables, gas and water lines, abandoned pipelines, telecom wires and sewer systems.
- Maintain compliance records and appropriately document work performed including photographing each location upon completion.
- Quickly interpret and respond to one-call tickets; and may review maps and other drawings as necessary
- Coordinate maintenance of all facilities and equipment performed by third parties, including pipeline right-of-way, excavation coating and back filling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, etc.
- Oversee construction and maintenance by third parties including inspection of one-call tickets.
- Perform governmental compliance activities, such as line patrol, road and railroad crossing inspections, and valve inspections.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures and Site-Specific Procedures
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements and complete all applicable documentation and record keeping
- Communicate status updates, issues and pipeline and maintenance activity to appropriate personnel and represent the Company when communicating with landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One-Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, etc.)
- Occasional travel including nights and weekends, as needed
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Must possess valid driver’s license and meet company insurability requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, various operating systems and perform basic math skills
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and respond to call outs and emergencies
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints, PI&D's and other diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure systems and follow Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English is required
- Must be able to lift, push and pull a minimum of 75 lbs. and be able to work in tight spaces, climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders, walkways, etc.
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be required
- Willing to live within approximately 50 miles of Brookshire, Texas.
- Must be able to complete Operator Qualification for relevant tasks through Veriforce prior to performing responsibilities of this position.
Benefits: This position is Full-Time located in Brookshire, Texas. Selected candidate is eligible for employer matched 401(k), medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurances and other benefit offerings.
Please attach resume/CV to your inquiry email
WhiteWater Midstream is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, free from unlawful discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.