Measurement Specialist : Midland/Odessa, TX
This position will provide technical support to the Operations team in Midland, TX on all measurement related activities, including installing, maintaining, operating measurement equipment and performing analysis on measurement data to assess measurement quality and ensure the accurate measurement of natural gas in the pipeline system.
- Develop, interpret maintain and apply documented measurement policies and procedures
- Identify and report measurement concerns and provide technical support to the Operations team
- Assist Measurement Analyst in analyzing measurement data for errors and reconcile incomplete, invalid, or incorrect data for settlement purposes
- Monitor gas volumes for system imbalances and proactively resolve gain/loss discrepancies
- Set up new meters in the measurement system, facilitate and review meter calibrations, troubleshooting issues and generate reports to evaluate the accuracy of data. Perform the necessary volume adjustments according to contract terms
- Assist Operations with calibration of measurement equipment, instrumentation, and flow computers
- Perform internal and 3rd party measurement audits to determine measurement equipment is functioning properly, oversee 3rd party calibrations and ensure the Company is meeting internal and industry best practices and compliance standards
- Analyze and maintain all measurement data related to meter performance, flow computer base data, etc.
- Document all work performed including system configuration adjustments and data edits
- Conduct occasional measurement training for the Operations team
- Conduct periodic field audits during meter maintenance in the field
- Conduct occasional gas chromatograph training for the Operations team
- Maintain knowledge of technology advancements and changes in the industry related to gas measurement equipment, design, standards, specifications, and product quality
- Promote and ensure full compliance with Company safety programs
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- 5+ years of pipeline and natural gas measurement operations experience
- Knowledge of DOT 192
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, experience using pivot tables and multi-scale graphs in Excel, preferred
- Experience with SCADA
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and respond to emergencies
- Experience operating and analyzing data using gas chromatographs
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team contributor
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the expertise to be able to quickly identify and correct any measurement issues associated with ultrasonic meters, gas chromatographs, sampling systems, and Fisher ROC 800 RTUs identified through real-time data or month-end settlement statement.
Benefits: This position can be located in Austin, Midland or Alice, Texas. Selected candidate is eligible for employer matched 401(k), medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurances and other benefit offerings.
Please attach resume/CV to your inquiry email
WhiteWater Midstream is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, free from unlawful discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.