Corrosion Technician : Brookshire, TX
This position is responsible for corrosion control and documentation for pipeline located in the Brookshire, TX area and associated compressor stations. This position will be report out of our Brookshire, TX office.
- Maintain and monitor internal corrosion control and cathodic protection systems and document accordingly
- Assess pipeline conditions, recognize and prevent potential human or environmental threats and mitigate risk of safety incidents
- Test and measure efficient operations of the cathodic protection systems and recommend corrosion prevention measures on pipeline facilities
- Troubleshoot areas of non-compliance, recommend corrective procedures and perform maintenance as needed including repairs and installations
- Conduct atmospheric and under insulation corrosion inspections, evaluate condition on pipeline coatings, and monitor data from the internal corrosion control system
- Review bids from 3rd parties to make repairs and oversee/inspect work performed
- Document and maintain all records of system and facility evaluations, improvement recommendations and work performed
- Manage and document the scheduled regulatory inspections, including, but not limited to, rectifiers, bonds, AC mitigation and annual surveys
- Generate company standards, procedures and recordkeeping forms for WWM corrosion program
- Comply with safety, environmental and corrosion control regulations and company requirements.
- Attend safety trainings, maintain required certifications to perform job duties, set example of high safety standards and assist in regulatory inspections
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Must possess valid driver’s license and meet company insurability requirements
- Maintain compliance with WWM’s drug and alcohol program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, various operating systems and perform basic math skills
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and respond to call outs and emergencies
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints, PI&D's and other diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure systems and follow Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English is required
- Must be able to lift, push and pull a minimum of 75 lbs. and be able to work in tight spaces, climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders, walkways, etc.
This position is Full-Time located in Austin, Texas. Selected candidate is eligible for employer matched 401(k), medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurances and other benefit offerings.
Email to Apply
Please attach resume/CV to your inquiry email
WhiteWater Midstream is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, free from unlawful discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.