Automation Control Specialist : Midland/Odessa, TX
This position will provide operational support, troubleshooting, process optimization, programming and Human Machine Interface (HMI) support on natural gas pipelines, NGL pipelines and associated compressor stations. This position will be based out of the Midland/Odessa area.
- Maintain, install and troubleshoot issues with process control software including pipeline equipment such as programmable logic controllers (PLCs), remote terminal units (RTUs), and human machine interface (HMI) equipment.
- Improve long-term PLC equipment reliability and support the implementation process of PLC automation technology strategies
- Design and participate in the construction of control systems throughout the pipeline
- Support the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all pipeline automation equipment
- Supervise and inspect 3rd party contract labor used to construct or improve automation systems
- Build and maintain strong vendor relationships with various providers such as automation technology service providers and PLC control system providers
- Review bids, specifications and approval documentation for each project and manage the process from design though implementation
- Comply with safety, reliability, and cost effectiveness of technology used to meet business requirements
- Stay current with automation control best practices and interpreting industry regulations applicable to WhiteWater Midstream policies and standards, identify changes in codes and standards and propose new developments in automation
- Correct system hazards, analyze malfunctioning systems and identify safe, cost-effective solutions to resolve inefficient operations
- Technical Degree/Associates Degree in Instrumentation, Electronic Communications or Industrial Electronics, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related experience in program development or troubleshooting all Allen Bradley PLC software platforms
- Familiar with AB CompactLogic, AB ControlLogic and Fisher ROC RTU.
- Must have communication experience with cellular, satellite, Modbus and SCADA.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and meet company insurability requirements
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and repair AC and DC electrical circuits
- Maintain compliance with WWM’s drug and alcohol program
- Expert level understanding and demonstrated ability to program and/or configure automation technology such as: sensors, PID loop control, data communications, and other electrical machines, preferred
- Knowledge of Pipeline & Terminal business processes and equipment such as mainline motors and engines, pipeline flow measurement equipment, and tank level measurement equipment, preferred
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and respond to call outs and emergencies
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and capable of working in tight spaces, climbing to and working from elevated platforms, ladders, walkways, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with a team and take direction from supervisors, fluency in English is required
Email to Apply
Please attach resume/CV to your inquiry email
WhiteWater Midstream is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, free from unlawful discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.