Accounts Payable Supervisor : Austin, TX
This position is in Austin, Texas and will oversee an accounts payable team, direct processing of bills and payments. Responsibilities include preparation of accounting transactions and month end close entries. Position will additionally assist in monthly reporting and accounting team projects.
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounts payable department, including supervising personnel, managing workflows and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payments
- Develops guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense accounts and inventory records.
- Research and help resolve vendor and supplier questions.
- Verifies payments before SVP of Accounting’s signature is added by reviewing checks and vouchers.
- Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiaries vendors’ ledger).
- Track and research outstanding and returned payments. Assist in the payment escheat process, as necessary
- Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Ensure proper record keeping in accordance with the company’s document retention policy
- Enhance and supervise the vendor maintenance and 1099s processes.
- Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records consistent with the Company document retention policy.
- Assist in preparation and supervision of monthly transfer requests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Month end and other periodic reconciliation analysis and reporting.
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable functions
- Excellent supervisory and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Six or more years of experience in an accounting office with at least three or more years in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
Email to Apply
Please attach resume/CV to your inquiry email
WhiteWater Midstream is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, free from unlawful discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.