For job inquiries please email email@example.com.
Pipeline Technician : Carlsbad, NM
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of pipeline, measurement, gas quality, compressors and related field operations. The facilities consist of the gas transmission pipeline with associated receipt and delivery meter stations in the area around Carlsbad, NM and Orla, TX and may include the following: reciprocating compressor units, ultrasonic gas meters, gas chromatographs, H2S analyzers, O2 Analyzers, control valves, overpressure protection, SCADA communications and other associated pumps, valves, seals and other related equipment) and approximately 75 miles of pipeline.
- Start, stop and operate engines to maintain designated operating parameters.
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all engines and associated equipment.
- Install, repair, service and maintain valves, pipe, pipeline and appurtenances.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, such as excavating, repairing, coating and back filling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, etc.
- Maintain, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate equipment (e.g., wheeled tractors, pick-up trucks, water pumps, air compressors, coolers).
- Oversee construction and maintenance activities by third parties including inspection of one-calls.
- Perform governmental compliance activities, such as line patrol, road and railroad crossing inspections, and valve inspections.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, etc.)
- Assist supervision with the planning and forecasting of the districts Capital and O&M budgets.
- Assist with cash flow management, cost monitoring and control.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Conduct pipeline pigging activities.
- Perform all related gas measurement calibrations and maintenance for ultrasonic meters, EFM gas chromatograph, H2S analyzer, H2O Analyzer, O2 Analyzer and PLCs.
- Provide oral and written communication of activities to appropriate personnel.
- Will require some out of town nights and weekends as needed.
- Duties as relief pipeline controller can be expected
- Other duties as required.
Job level is commensurate with experience and skill level.
Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies after regular business hours including after dark hours, which may require carrying a communication device.
Knowledge of compressor, pipeline transportation, and measurement systems.
Knowledge reading and interpreting blueprints, PI&D's and other diagrams.
Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure systems.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements
May be required to possess a commercial driver's license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulations
May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties
Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification
Competencies, skills and abilities:
Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software)
Basic math skills
Good verbal and written communication skills
Available for shift work when applicable
Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
Ability to speak and understand English
May work in low-lit areas
Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
Must be able to frequently enter confined spaces, climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders, walkways, etc.
Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be required
Please submit resume or inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.